Real-time, affordable, subscription based, Progress OpenEdge® to Microsoft® SQL data replication solution.
Transform your company’s QAD® and Progress® data to support informed decision making. Gain deeper insight into your data to stay in the know and spot trends as they happen in real-time. Combined with the power of Microsoft Azure® and modern business intelligence (BI) solutions, your entire organization can understand and quickly act on data.
Do any of these business challenges sound familiar?
- Daily batch data exports are no longer acceptable to make business critical decisions
- All your BI tools are leveraging your SQL based data warehouse
- Use of ODBC connectors are outdated, unreliable, unstable and create performance and security issues
- Custom in-house solutions not reliable, not scalable, not supportable and need to be replaced
- Data needs to be available in real-time, reliable, and in multiple formats both on-premise and in the cloud
- Data Security is an issue, encrypted data transfer and data at rest, ITAR, GDPR compliance, HIPPA, PCI, DSS
- Lack of OpenEdge resource availability
Then look at what AzureOE can provide you with Today
Real Time Replication
- Powerful Performance: Parallel processing replication and scalable
- Easy Installation: OpenEdge DF (data definitions), database triggers (merged with Qxtend if in use), AzureOE compiled code and a new OpenEdge stateless AppServer
- Windows Server: ‘AzureOE OpenEdge Azure Adapter’ Windows Service Azure
- Highly Secure: AzureOE Windows Service communication to the Azure Service Bus is encrypted and processed through AMQP (Advanced Messaging Queue Protocol) and SAS (Shared Access Signatures)..
Cloud First Architecture
- Leverages Modern Messaging and Microservices
- Guaranteed Delivery
- OpenEdge To Azure: The message is not removed from OpenEdge until the message is successfully persistent to the Azure Service Bus
- Azure to SQL: The message is not removed from the Azure Service Bus until successfully persisted to SQL Server
- OpenEdge Transaction Safe
- If the message is part of an OpenEdge transaction and the transaction is rolled back, the message will not be sent to the Azure Service Bus
- Azure Cloud Benefits
- Highly available
- Scale up, scale down
- Application Insights provides data into applications and DBs running in the cloud
Data Fix on the Fly!
- Automated data fixes for OpenEdge to SQL data issues
- Character Fields: OpenEdge character fields that exceed SQL VARCHAR field precision are automatically truncated.
- Date Fields: OpenEdge date and datetime fields that are prior to the SQL minimum date of 01/01/1753 are updated to month/day/1753.
- Logicals: Logical Progress fields with null values automatically corrected to false value.
- Arrays: Progress array fields replicated as separate fields and values to SQL.
- Any unexpected OpenEdge to SQL data issues are logged to a SQL DB as warnings for correction in the OpenEdge DB
One Time Use?
- Great use for customers who are moving away from the Progress OpenEdge technology but wish to keep the data to comply with data retention policies.
- We can provide a single use license that will generate the SQL schema, indexes, and one time data dump of your static OpenEdge database to SQL.
- You can unlock this data and will no longer be dependent on Progress OpenEdge technologies or resources to access your archive data going forward!
Want to talk with us about how AzureOE might be able to help?